NOTICE: Despite COVID-19, we are open for business as usual. Take care and stay safe!
CALL FREE ON: 08000 654 654 Open Mon-Fri - 8:00am to 5:00pm - Closed On Weekends

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How long does it take to sign up?
    The process is very simple and take just a few minutes. Once you submit your application and upload your supporting papers, we will start to process your details, assess the merits of your claim and decide to which group you should be assigned.
  • You may certainly decide to go it alone, by taking the matter to an Employment Tribunal. For this you should probably engage a solicitor who will advise you, prepare the court papers and manage your claim throughout. The solicitor, in turn, may wish to engage a barrister to advise and/or to represent you at the Employment Tribunal. You would, of course, have to bear all your costs alone and, even if you were to win, you would not able to recover your costs. Some employment claims can be brought in the civil courts rather than in an Employment Tribunal. These are typically breach of contract claims. Again, you would probably ask the solicitor to deal with the matter and, again, he may wish to engage a barrister to represent you at the hearing. Unlike in the Employment Tribunals, if successful you could seek an award for your costs, but you may well be advised that the amount recoverable is unlikely to exceed 60-70% of them. Note: If you have worked for multiple umbrella companies, you would need to issue a separate claim against each of them.

    You should be aware, however, that the umbrella companies would doubtless defend an individual claim trenchantly, and it is easier for them to do so on an individual claimant basis.

    A well-funded and strongly-fought claim on behalf of a group of claimants will be taken much more seriously by the umbrella companies, and there may well be a better chance of achieving a settlement of a group’s claim by negotiation.

  • As you appreciate, all litigation takes time but we are tenacious and we always proceed with claims as expeditiously as possible.
  • This depends on the amounts improperly deducted from your salary entitlement and the period over which those deductions were made. We are of the view that for many claimants, the unlawful deductions would run typically into thousands of pounds.
  • When claims are brought on behalf of a group, this is highly unlikely. Only one claimant, the lead claimant, is likely to be required to attend court.
  • Whilst there are similarities, these claims are distinct from individual PPI claims, the bulk of which were pursued after years of investigation by the financial regulation authorities, and court action had established liability. As a result, the providers of the unlawful products were ordered by their regulators to make redress. As a claimant in Umbrella Reclaim™ cases, you would be part of a group action against the umbrella company(ies) for which you have worked.

How UMBRELLAPAY Works – Terms and Conditions

    By using UMBRELLAPAY, the registration fee of £110 (including VAT) is payable by ten monthly instalments of £11 each, interest-free. The first payment is made on registering and the balance monthly thereafter until the full fee of £110 has been paid. In due course, you will be offered an agreement under which we will charge you only by way of a success fee, on a no-win-no fee basis of 25%, plus VAT, of the total compensation recovered for you.
  • Just complete the online form here
  • Yes, protecting your information is very important to us. All sensitive information is encrypted and we maintain stringent physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information. View the Umbrella Reclaim privacy policy.
  • UmbrellaPay does not charge any interest, but , if any of your instalments are not received on time, we reserve the right to suspend work until they are bought up-to-date.
  • Since there are no fees nor interest to pay, this page, together with the registration page, amount to the full terms and conditions of UmbrellaPay.